Friday, March 12, 2010

This Week's Healthy Recipe

I use to hate fish. I mean really hate it. I wouldn't eat it at all. Not even fried. For some reason, I came to my senses and now I love it. Lucky for me too because it is super healthy and quick and easy to make. This recipe is easy and has a yummy sauce and light breading that make it a real treat. If you are a fish hater like I use to be, give this a try.

Pan Fried Tilapia with White Wine and Capers

1/4 cup white wine, dry
1/4 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp capers, drained
1 medium garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 1/2 pounds raw tilapia, four 6-oz pieces
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 spray cooking spray
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp light butter
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped

Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk; set aside.

Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Dredge fillets lightly in flour, and coat both sides of fillets with cooking spray.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets; cook 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; turn fillets, and cook 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove from pan.

Add wine mixture to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in butter until melted. Spoon wine mixture over fillets; sprinkle with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 2 tablespoons sauce).

Here's how it turned out for me.





This is a weight watcher recipe and is 5 points per serving. I added a 1/2 cup of couscous for additional points. If you don't eat a lot of couscous, try it. You can make it in 5 minutes and it is a great side dish that comes in lots of great flavors. To make this recipe quick and easy, I made the sauce the night before.

2 comments:

Jen said...

OK, so I just read through a lot of your blog. Love the healthy recipes - they look so yummy! And your running is really coming along. Wow. I really wish you were here so I could train with you!!!!! It's inspiring. I am no where near where you are. That said, I'm inspired to start adding miles and doing some real speedwork and tempo runs. I need a kick in the @#$#$#

Andi said...

Glad you like it. It would be fun to run with you again. Right now my only running partner is Darwin. He seems to love riding along.